25 April 2018, 20:52:32

Author Topic: Round 6 - Spa Francorchamps  (Read 452 times)

Offline XRPM

• 1 - Board
Round 6 - Spa Francorchamps
« on: 28 October 2017, 14:57:20 »
JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!

JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!                                  GT3 2017                                  JOIN NOW!!

SERVER PASSWORD: XRPM

Offline AJYates

• 1 - Board
    • WWW.AJRACING.EU
  • Driving Wheel: TS-PC Racer - Clubsport V3 Pedals
  • Team: AJRACING.EU
Re: Round 6 - Spa Francorchamps
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2018, 13:32:46 »
Track is online!

:boss

Offline XRPM

• 1 - Board
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2018, 18:20:21 »
Server updated with new Radical  :boss

Offline Tygernoot

• Lowland Racing Team
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2018, 09:23:44 »
Last race of the season, looking forward to seeing you guys on this beautiful track  :thumbup

Offline Antti Hyytiainen

• 2 - Staff
  • Team: Lowland Racing Team
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2018, 20:12:43 »
Server updated with new Radical  :boss

Getting an error message trying to install the Radical. I'm guessing this could be due to still using the DX9 build?

I'll switch to DX11 and report back..

EDIT: Turns out it's not DX11-related after all.

-----

Just can't get past this:

-----

EDIT: Problem solved. Got the package file from the server, all running fine now.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2018, 22:52:08 by Antti Hyytiainen »
The price of a man in motion is the occasional collision.
- Carroll Smith

Looking for an Android programmer to join the http://tyka.net/racepad/ team.

Offline Tygernoot

• Lowland Racing Team
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2018, 14:42:36 »
I hope everyone brought their umbrellas, we are in for some lovely winter weather in the Ardennes  :smiley:

Offline Ricardo Ferreira

• Lusitanium Sim Racers
    • Ricardo Ferreira Page
  • Team: Lusitanium Sim Racers
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2018, 18:53:10 »
at least its rain, not snow :D

Offline Tamas Cseh

• Driving Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport Base BMW rim, Clubsport Pedals V1
  • Team: SIMCO
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2018, 19:03:46 »
Hi guys,
unfortunately I'm sick, so I can't start on this race :(
Have fun for you guys!

Offline Antti Hyytiainen

• 2 - Staff
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2018, 19:04:27 »
FYI, server password is 'xrpm'.
- Carroll Smith

Offline Ricardo Ferreira

• Lusitanium Sim Racers
    • Ricardo Ferreira Page
  • Team: Lusitanium Sim Racers
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2018, 21:44:34 »
First of all congrats to @Nuno Pinto (race winner), @Tero Dahlberg for the championship and to @Antti Hyytiainen  and @Tygernoot that won the teams championship for Lowland Racing Team.

I started the race with wrong tires, Soft in front, medium in rear, the car was very slow and weird to drive. I was doing 18's high, when I expected 17's middles

Still I had a nice fight with @Marius Nicolae and @Tygernoot. @Rudy Cuppen for some reason had some lag. Was very hard to follow him.

But I forgot how rFactor 2 is a big bug... and why I stopped racing...
Classic rFactor 2 game freeze.

It's amazing how they can't solve this, and how the game its slower than before.
DX11 its a joke in this game.

« Last Edit: 25 January 2018, 23:07:31 by Ricardo Ferreira »

Offline Nuno Pinto

• Lusitanium Sim Racers
  • Driving Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 + G25 Pedals
  • Team: Team Vespas
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2018, 22:02:03 »
Thanks for waiting for me to get into the race!

Congratz to the finishers!  :cheers

"Doing easily what others find difficult is talent, doing what is impossible for talent is genius."
Henri Amiel

Offline Tygernoot

• Lowland Racing Team
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2018, 22:08:53 »
Already wondered why you were flying over my head!

Ahhh the eternal curse of rFactor bugs...

I tried DX11 because it installed it with the latest update, but on my system it won't run properly. Luckily I reverted back to DX9 right before the race... I hope they can fix it, otherwise I'll just stick with DX9. Not going to upgrade CPU/MB/RAM/cooler just for rF2, all the rest of the games I play still run fine :)

Anyway, VERY enjoyable league with great cars. Shame not a lot of people joined and that I had to miss 2 races, it was really excellent. Congrats to Tero!

Offline Antti Hyytiainen

• 2 - Staff
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2018, 22:30:20 »
First of all, I'd like to say big thanks to all who took part in these races. The mod is brilliant and provides for some great racing, and not a bad word to say about the track selection either. Had a lot of fun navigating through these classic racetracks, so thanks @Kevin Ryan for the excellent picks. I hope you do find your way back here at some point bud. :cheers

Massive thanks to AJ as well for offering me some much needed guidance on how to operate this server stuff. Learned heaps, and enjoyed seeing the inner workings behind the scenes. :thumbup

-----

Also big congrats to @Tero Dahlberg for the Championship win. :first Would've been fun to try and catch you, but this time Eau Rouge got the better of me. At least the crash was somewhat spectacular. :tongue:

Also big thanks to teammate Ed, absolutely stellar job. The Team Championship trophies just keep on piling up.. :first

Congats Nuno, Alain and Balazs for the podium too. Nuno's attack from 16th to first was especially impressive to watch, as I had plenty of time to spectate today..

-----

As much as I'd like to end this post on a positive note, it's difficult not to take notice of the problems with rF2. The DX11 build quite frankly isn't ready. Several drivers have experienced stutters during races. In addition, as Ric pointed out, occasional race-wrecking crashes still happen.

I do hope S397 get these issues sorted out sooner rather than later, because from what I'm seeing, these things are beginning eat out at the marginal crowd that is keeping their head above the water, financially and content-wise.

- Carroll Smith

Offline AJYates

• 1 - Board
    • WWW.AJRACING.EU
  • Driving Wheel: TS-PC Racer - Clubsport V3 Pedals
  • Team: AJRACING.EU
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2018, 12:19:24 »
Thanks Antti you did a great job mate, just let me know if you want to organize any championship in the future and i can help you with that!

Congrats to Tero as well, amazing stuff to win the championship mate i didnt expect that a couple of races ago. Well done man!

And thanks to all that competed, the numbers lacked a bit throughout with a steady 10 people until race 5 which had 13 and then last night was 16 people which was better, just a little late i guess in the last 2 races. I think with it being paid content, that may have been why it was a slow starter, but at least the people that did race stuck it out until the end. Thanks for that guys, thats the kind of reliable people we need on our grids for sure.

See you around anyway guys please check out some of our future championships as well.

:yo: :cheers

Offline Tero Dahlberg

• Ajira Racing on Facebook
  • Driving Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS /w DIY rim & modded VPP pedals
  • Team: Ajira Racing
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2018, 14:00:50 »
Thanks guys, but it was a "participation win" more than anything :D Meaning I took part in all races and had consistent finishes. If the faster guys had done all or even most races on the schedule, the title would've gone to one of them.

But happy to win nevertheless, and in the underdog Radical of all things! I do think it's a bit behind the others in raw pace but makes up for some of it in races due to better fuel consumption and being easier on tyres due to not having that much power. But it's also that lack of power that makes it slow out of medium and slow speed corners.

I'm not the greatest driver and you can't adjust gearing or diff, so it's difficult to imagine how one could make/drive it faster out of corners :D
A J I R A r a c i n g :: quick | agile | rapid :: Co-Founder | Portfolio: TeroD.Crevado.com
RACING'S MOST QUOTED LIE